viernes, 22 de agosto de 2014

Adopting the Normcore style!

Living in NY, it's been hard for me to keep up with my so loved Boho-Tropical style. Not because it doesn't match the avant-garde style of this state, but because I'm always cold!



My pants and yellow sneakers are from Forever21. The necklace from Axxessori

It was a long first winter. And the summer hasn't really been a summer according to the true newyorkers around me. Then I've just come to be a normcore. I read an article about it in Pandora a couple months ago and felt totally identified. 

Feeling comfortable is my number one goal while dressing up, that's why you'd rarely see me with pieces that are too complicated. Besides, you always have to be running to catch buses here, I don't have a car anymore, and days of strolling can be loooooonngggg every time I get out of campus. 

With all that and a social life with a much slower pace, there's no need for me to put much effort in dressing up. Meanwhile, "comfy is how I roll"!

(En español)

Adoptando el Normcore!

Tras mudarme a Nueva York, ha sido difícil para mí mantener mi tan adorado estilo Boho-Tropical. No porque no vaya acorde con el estilo avant-garde que se vive en este estado, sino porque ¡Siempre tengo frío!


Me parezco mucho a mi papá en esta foto :P

Fue un primer invierto muy largo. Y el verano no ha sido realmente verano según dicen los verdaderos neoyorkinos a mi alrededor. Entonces, simplemente me he convertido en una normcore. Leí un artículo al respecto en Pandora hace un par de meses y me sentí totalmente identificada. 

Estar cómoda es mi meta número uno a la hora de vestir, por eso raramente me verán con piezas que sean muy complicadas. Además, aquí siempre hay que estar corriendo detrás de guaguas, no tengo carro, y los días de paseo pueden ser muyyyyy larrrrgoooosss cada vez que salgo del campus. 

Con todo eso y una vida social menos acelerada que antes, no hay necesidad para mi de poner mucho esfuerzo en cambiarme. Mientras tanto, "comfy is how I roll"! (simplemente no quiero traducir eso).

Thanks to the lovely Clayra Morales for the pic. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

¡Comparte tu opinión!